Serverless & AWS Lambda
Articles & Blog Posts
- Five Facets of Flow Strategy - A broad set of things to consider as we move into a serverless, event-driven network of small pieces.
- Serverless Best Practices
- Serverless Failure Stories
- Serverless Architectures
- Serverless Mullet Architectures
- Getting Started with the PLONK Stack and Serverless 2.0 - Prometheus, Linkerd, OpenFaaS, NATS, Kubernetes
- Serverlessness- Series of blog posts from Amazon's Tim Bray, based on his re:invent 2018 talk.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive - For DynamoDB specifically
- AWS: How to limit Lambda and API Gateway scalability: Cost control in the cloud.
- Best Practices for AWS Lambda Container Reuse: "Optimizing Warm Starts When Connecting AWS Lambda to Other Services"
- A useful tool for building serverless Ruby apps with AWS Lambda: Introducing Ruby_Lambda.
- Lambda optimization tip — enable HTTP keep-alive - Including notes on how to test the optimization
- Designing durable serverless apps with DLQs for Amazon SNS, Amazon SQS, AWS Lambda
- AWS Serverless WebSockets — Introduction Around the Pitfalls
- AWS Lambda the CLI Way - In-depth tutorial that does everything from the command line.
- The Serverless Software Development Lifecycle - "A quick look at building, testing, and deploying AWS Lambda based apps and how to set yourself up for success."
- Serverless Functions With WebAssembly Modules
- FaaS for the Rubyist - Self-hosting with OpenFAAS.
- Serverless-Dev-Tools - Console-based management for AWS Lambda.
- 24 open source tools for the serverless developer: Part 1 and Part 2
- flAWS2.cloud -Interactive security training that lets you play the attacker or defender roles.
AWS API Gateway
- How to use CloudFormation to deploy Frontend Apps to S3 and Serverless Application Repository: A nice workaround for some AWS limitations.
- Serverless AppSync Component: "The AppSync Serverless Component allows you to easily and quickly deploy GraphQL APIs on AWS, and integrate them with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB & others."